Ingredients for Pan Seared Mahi Mahi: (serves 2)
- 2 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 400F.
Take mahi fillets and pat dry with a paper towel. Mix all of the seasonings in a bowl and rub on both sides of fish fillets. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, when the butter is bubbling place the fillets in the pan. Cook three minutes on each side or until the sides of the fillets are browned and seared. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until fish is flaky and tender (you can test this by inserting a fork into the thickest part of the fillet).
Ingredients for Cucumber Slaw:
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled and small diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon cold pressed olive oil
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Adjust the flavors according to your liking (i.e. add more honey if you'd like it sweeter or vinegar for more tartness) Allow to marinate for about 10-20 minutes. Serve on top of mahi-mahi fillets.