With the Holidays in full swing, there's always a reason for some festive cheer! These Cosmo Jello Shots are a great way to get the fun started -- I replaced the traditional cranberry cocktail with a pomegranate cocktail. Finishing the jello shot with fresh pomegranate arils adds the perfect touch of elegance.
Serve these in shot glasses as shown below or you can cut them into cubes or into any shape you desire. Serve chilled. This can be made a day ahead, be sure to cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
COSMO JELLO SHOTS
(makes about 30 servings)
1 1/4 cup pomegranate juice cocktail
2 1/2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1/4 cup Roses lime juice (or fresh lime juice with a healthy dash of simple syrup)
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, or Cointreau (use Cointreau or Triple Sec for a milder tasting jelly shot)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils for garnish
- 1/2 cup raw sugar to garnish the rim
Pour pomegranate and lime juices into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes). Stir in the liquors, making sure to fully incorporate.
Pour into shot glasses (as shown), pan or molds, and chill until set, several hours or overnight.
To serve, garnish rims of shot glasses with raw sugar and top with pomegranate arils.