Welcome to our first edition of Links We Love -- where we bring you the best of the web featuring anything from mind blowing articles on food and nutrition to awesome cooking videos like making bento boxes at Cooking with Dog.
You get the idea....
- Do you know your Dirty Dozen? Learn which fruits and vegetables have the highest levels of pesticide residue.
- Do you need more alkaline in your diet? Learn how alkalines can help neutralize toxic acids in your body with these 25 alkaline-promoting foods!
- 10 Reasons Why Big Ag Shouldn't Use Antibiotics -- what are your thoughts?
- Mark Bittman shared an interesting article via The Washington Post on The economy of Kale -- the rising and falling trends of our Kale consumption.
Videos that make you go Hmmm or Mmmm:
- Science is awesome: ASAP Science answers the age old question -- which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- I knew Beagles were food obsessed but this little guy brings it to a whole new level.
- This little girl's science experiment explores the importance of organic produce -- do you buy organic?
- Ok seriously, go watch Cooking with Dog -- Francis the poodle is a hoot and Japanese food is awesome.
Our Food Hero: Jamie Oliver:
Jamie Oliver has been a pioneer in the Food Revolution for the past seven years. He harnesses his culinary talent to encourage others to become passionate about creating fresh, honest and delicious food. He runs a nonprofit called Fifteen Foundation that trains young chefs from challenged backgrounds to run his restaurants.
I love his Ted Talks "Teach Every Child About Food" where he brings attention to the importance of change that the British and Americans need to make in their diet and lifestyle. He runs other campaigns such as Jamie's School Dinner, Ministry of Food and Food Revolution USA to promote activism and community involvement to create change on both the individual and governmental level.
You can find out more about Jamie's Food Revolution here.
Eat More Breakfast and Vegetables:
- In a perfect World, every morning would start with these breakfast tacos via Love and Olive Oil
- Ina Garten, I want to be barefoot with you in the kitchen but these Roasted Brussels Sprouts will hold me over for now.
- For someone who's not a morning person these breakfast muffins are perfect. Make ahead, heat in the microwave, eat and repeat. via Ring Finger Tan Line
- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Lemon. 'Nuff Said.
Cool Gadgets and Pretty Things:
- Less Laboring, More Savoring these plates from West Elm are a MUST (and on sale, hurray!).
- I love keeping my salt cellar close to me at all times. This one from Crate and Barrel is made from an elegant Acacia wood.
- Ever wonder if the seafood you're eating is sustainable? Download this cool app from Seafood Watch!
- Reduce that footprint and get rid of those bottles. Filtered water tastes even better when it's as elegant as Soma.