I thought this would be a nice, simple recipe to share. No cooking necessary, only six ingredients and it only takes about 10 minutes to make. Great as a spread, a dip and always a crowd pleaser, I keep a batch around in my fridge most weeks.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 1 ripe roma tomatoes, small diced
- a handful of cilantro, cleaned and finely chopped (omit if you do not like cilantro)
- 1/2 medium purple or white onion, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 lime, juice only (add more lime if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a mortar and pestle or large bowl. If you do not own a mortar and pestle you can mash the avocados with a fork or potato masher. Thoroughly mix the ingredients -- if it needs more acid add more lime, a little at a time, same goes for salt. Place in large bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
When storing left overs, make sure the saran wrap directly touches the surface of the guacamole. This keeps the guacamole from watering and browning and lasts longer in the fridge (up to 2-3 days). Freeze any leftovers and simply defrost when ready to eat.