Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la! Tis the season of family -- whacky relatives, crazy cousins, that weird Uncle Ned...what other excuse do you need to loosen up and relax than with a nice cocktail?
BERRY CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint blackberries, cleaned
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled Lindeman's framboise
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled brut Champagne
- Stir sugar and brandy in medium bowl. Crush about 10 blackberries; add to brandy mixture. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature, then strain. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill brandy mixture and remaining blackberries separately.)
- Divide brandy mixture among 6 Champagne glasses. Add 2 blackberries to each glass. Fill halfway with Framboise and the rest of the way with Champagne; serve.